Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Long -Awaited Peace Corps Placement



MOZAMBIQUE


Dear Friends,


I am delighted to share that I have received an official invitation from the Peace Corps to serve in Mozambique! I will be an HIV/AIDS Community Health Promoter working with NGOs (nongovernmental organizations) or community based organizations (CBOs) to strengthen program capacity by helping them improve their HIV/AIDS prevention and care projects.


I depart for Orientation on September 28, 2009 and begin my Pre-Service Training in Mozambique on October 1, 2009. I move to my job site in December and serve there for 2 years. So I should be back just before Christmas, 2011!


Here are some links to learn more about the Peace Corps and Mozambique, but feel free to ask me questions as well.


www.peacecorp.gov

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/mz.html

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/ei/bgn/7035.htm


I can definitely have visitors, so come on over! Otherwise I would totally appreciate your prayers and letters.


I may or may not have access to the internet and email regularly, but even if not, I will attempt to get updates back to the states on a regular basis by mail.

Thanks for all your support and encouragement throughout this journey and now the real adventure begins!


Joyfully,

Julia


5 comments:

Katie Baron said...

Um, so WHO WON?!

Katie Baron said...

Oh, and CONGRATS!!! :o)

Laura Waterworth said...

I'm so excited for you!

Kellyry said...

This is AWESOME! And so exciting. I cannot wait to hear of your adventures!

Jennifer Nichols said...

Congratulations!!! I have a Peace Corps friend who served with Food for the Hungry in Mozambique after Peace Corps. I can get you his contact info if you'd like to talk with him.