Hey Eveyone!
Hãppy Belated Thanksgiving!!
We had a lovely meal here altogether on Wednesday
complete with turkey and all the trimmings. I made green bean casserole,
stuffing and no bake cookies-which was an adventure/ learning experience
considering my family has a charcoal stove. But it all turned out well for the most part.
Wednesday was also an exciting day because they announced our site placements!!!
I am going to Gurue in the Zambezia povince up north. You won´t get much when you
google it, but try. lol
I have been told by many PCVs and my guide book that Gurue is THE most or 2nd most beautiful place they have been in Mozambique! And I have seen some pictures, which seemed to indicate they were right. It has mountains and tea plantations all around.
I have also hit the jackpot with my house as well. I have an indoor bathroom complete with FLUSH toilet!! A total rarity here and esp. for PC housing. I am so grateful!!!
I have so much more to say, but alas I only have 7 more mins. left here at the internet cafe.
So I will try to get on again soon to tell you more about my job and organizations I will be working with! They are great too!!
Stay tuned!
Jules
Saturday, November 28, 2009
Going to Gurue!
Posted by Julia at 8:45 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Can't wait to read more!
yeah for a FLUSHABLE toliet!!!
Post a Comment