He was harmless and I am thankful that he was the only animal in there with me.
What can I say, he knows where to go for the water.
So I was fortunate enough to get on one of the 2 computers in town today. We got an extra hour
of free time-opah! It has only taken me a 1/2 hour to send 1 email and am now attemping this post.
normally I don´t have enough time at the end of our days to wait to get on line-always a long line and then wait to send something before dark.
Anyway, I will try to load 1 picture this time but that may take another 1/2 hour to upload!
Overall life is good, though I am getting over a sinus infection. But PC was awesome in getting me antibiotics to kick it quickly so am grateful for that.
Language is progressing and I am learning a ton about Mozambican culture and HIV in the Mozambican context.
Our days are long and tiring. Concentrating on listening and speaking portuguese most the day is tough.
But we are all hanging in there.
Looks like I may be getting a phone this weekend, so I will post the number when I can.
Cheers!
Julia
Thursday, October 15, 2009
I took a shower with a frog last night
Posted by Julia at 11:21 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
sounds like are settling right in! outdoor banho definitely something to get used to... uh, like an outhouse?
tell us more about the family you are living with? and the village also.
i'm sure the language thing is tough - hang in there. you are doing something so amazing!
we miss you here. keep the posts coming.
love,
cyndee
Love you so much girlie!!! Want to hear more when you have the opportunity.
Love, Katie
Post a Comment